Davonport Head Office & Workshop
Due to the continued success and growth of Davonport Furniture Ltd, we are looking to recruit a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technician & CNC Programmer who will work with the Sales Production Team translating client approved design drawings into detailed production drawings for the workshop floor.
All our kitchen cabinets and other furniture is custom-built, handmade in our workshops in Colchester, Essex where our skilled craftsmen apply their decades of experience in exquisite bespoke interiors and kitchens. Using only the highest quality raw materials, every piece of furniture Davonport produced is made to an exacting standard and finish. This commitment to the quality craftsmanship earned us the ‘British Design & Manufacturing Award’ at the 2017 Designer & Bathroom Awards.
Responsible for translating design drawings supplied from the Davonport Sales Production Team into detailed production drawings with key components for the workshop floor and programming our new 5-axis machine. This role is key to all Davonport furniture being made to our exacting standards and on schedule for our discerning clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Produce detailed and accurate production drawings for inhouse manufacture, components and installation
• Program and occasionally run our inhouse 5-axis Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine
• Working with and reporting to the Workshop Manager in order to maintain efficient day to day running of the workshop
Skills and experience
• Good knowledge of AlphaCam/ AutoCad / Cabinet Vision (Preferred)
• Experience in CNC programming (Some training will be provided)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the furniture/joinery industry
• Preferably some bench work experience
• Knowledge of furniture and joinery construction methods
• Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and follow procedures
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player
• Able to manage workload independently to meet the deadlines
• Positive attitude to problem-solving and continuous improvement
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week Monday-Friday (08:30 – 17:00, excluding Bank Holidays). Based at Davonport House, Colchester.
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum based on experience.
To apply please e-mail a current CV and covering letter to: email@example.com, or by post to Gill Aggio, Davonport House, Peartree Road, Colchester, CO3 0LA.