Due to the continued success and growth of Davonport Furniture Ltd, we are looking to recruit a Kitchen Design Assistant who will support our Colchester design team to create bespoke designs, which are suitable for our discerning client’s lifestyles, properties, and budgets.
At Davonport we combine traditional cabinet making techniques with state-of the art technologies to produce premium quality furniture in our workshops in Colchester, on the Suffolk/Essex border. Our head office and award-wining showroom is also based at the same location in Colchester.
Working as part of the Davonport design team you will initially be responsible for supporting the team of designers to bring client’s dream kitchens to life.
Once sufficient experience has been attained, the role will then develop with a view to you ultimately becoming one of our Design Consultants, at which point you will be responsible for taking on, selling and managing your own projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the design team, administrators, and installation manager to deliver exceptional service to our clients
- Work closely with the design team to follow up and develop all opportunities, ensuring that all projects are managed thoroughly and to our usual high standard of customer service
- Show creative flair, providing ideas, ensuring that our designs are unique and tailored specifically to each client
- Using CAD and expert design skills you will assist the designers in producing stunning kitchen designs that appeal to our varied and discerning clients
- Assist the designers with any other administration when required
- A true brand advocate, you will represent Davonport with enthusiasm, professionalism, and always going the extra mile when necessary to deliver the best possible customer experience
Skills and experience
- You’ll have at least 2 years kitchen design experience
- Have a creative flair and interest in home interiors trends
- A minimum of 12 months experience using kitchen design CAD software or similar
- Ability to produce work to the highest possible standards using CAD
- Must have a high attention to detail and pride in your work
- Must have a positive attitude and work well within a busy and dynamic team
- Must be able to prioritise your own workload and work to deadlines
- A confident communicator who is fluent in English
- Strong accuracy of both verbal and written grammar essential
- An excellent telephone manner
At Davonport, we will provide all the training you need to be successful and continuously develop you within your role. In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- Competitive and progressive basic salary
- An uncapped commission structure for Design Consultants
- Company pension scheme
- Comprehensive product training and mentoring programme
- Clear career progression path
- 28 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Healthy living additional holiday scheme (extra 3 days holiday per annum
- Employee product discounts
- Free on-site parking
- This is a full-time role (40 hours per working week, working every other Saturday)
- Our showroom working hours are Mon-Sat (08:30 -17:00), excluding Bank Holidays
- Based in our showroom in Colchester – Peartree Road, CO3 0LQ
- Starting salary: £18,000 – 20,000 based on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you have not heard from us within the next two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful at this stage.