At Davonport, We are committed to protecting Our customer’s privacy and the personal data which you entrust to Us. Please take the time to review this privacy statement which explains the types of information We collect and how We use it, and your data protection rights. Davonport Limited/ Davonport Furniture Limited (“Davonport”, “We/Our/Us”) is the data controller of the personal data collected by Davonport: (1) via or in connection with davonport.com; and (2) when you visit Our showroom.
What personal data does Davonport collect?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to Us directly (including when you visit Our showroom) and through your use of davonport.com. This information includes:
- Information you provide to Us when you use davonport.com (e.g. your name and contact details);
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other similar tracking technologies, when you use davonport.com (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of Our email updates);
- Information We collect from you if you visit and / or shop in Our showroom (e.g. if you join our mailing list in-store or fill out an enquiry form);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with Us (e.g. if you ask Us a question, contact Our client liaison team or interact with Us on social media);
- Information you provide to Us when you make an appointment with Us;
- Information you provide to Us when you enter a competition, promotion or giveaway; and
- Information you provide when you work with one of Our partner showrooms.
We may also collect information about the device you use to access davonport.com.
How does Davonport use this personal data?
Depending on how you use davonport.com, your interactions with Us, and the permissions you give Us, the purposes for which We use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order or request, offering further information on Davonport and putting you in touch with your closest Davonport retailor;
- To notify you that you have won a competition, promotion or giveaway and deliver the prize to you;
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to Our client liaison team;
- To personalise davonport.com to you and show you content We think you will be most interested in, based on your browsing activity;
- To improve and maintain davonport.com, and monitor its usage;
- For market research (e.g. We may contact you for feedback about Our products and service);
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where We have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so;
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties; and
- To comply with Our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may combine information you give us in Our showroom with the information collected via davonport.com and information provided to Our third party retailors, for the purposes of better understanding Our customer relationships and to improve Our marketing.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with Us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order);
Because We have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact Us with a query, where you book an appointment with Us, or if you consent to receive marketing from Us); and
Because it is in Our legitimate interests as a retailer to maintain and promote Our services (e.g. We use information about you to tailor your view of davonport.com, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view). We are always seeking to understand more about Our customers in order to offer the most relevant content and customer experience.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from Davonport, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note We may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery information, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see advertisements for Davonport on third party websites. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies or other similar tracking technologies (which track your web activity, so enable Us to serve adverts to customers who have visited davonport.com). Where you see an advert on social media, this may because We have engaged the social network to show adverts to Our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of Our customers. If you no longer want to see tailored advertising, you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and on these third party websites.
Who does Davonport share this information with?
We share Our customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With our suppliers and partner retailors working with Us for service calls and assistance with projects (e.g. appliance companies and Davonport partner showrooms);
- With third party advertisers, such as Google and Facebook, so that they can display advertising to Our target audiences;
- With Our professional and legal advisors;
- In exceptional circumstances, with law enforcement or other governmental authorities (e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request);
- Otherwise where We have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where is my personal data kept and how long for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as We need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with Us (e.g. where you have made a purchase with Us), We will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you for as long as is necessary to protect Us from a legal claim. Where We no longer have a need to keep your information, We will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from Our marketing communications, We will keep a record of your email address to ensure We do not send you marketing emails in future.
Davonport.com is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
Links to third party sites
Davonport.com may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you click on these links, you will leave davonport.com, and your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy practices of the operators of those websites. The presence of such links to third party websites do not constitute any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Davonport. You should always read the privacy policies of these websites.
What are my data protection rights?
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, correct and request the erasure of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
Davonport will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where We are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact Us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Client Liaison Team,