Careers with Davonport
Even if we’re not advertising, Davonport is always happy to hear from talented kitchen designers, craftsmen and installers. If you’re interested in working for a multi-award winning, luxury interiors company with quality at its core please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Production Assistant Administrator
Due to the continued success and growth of Davonport Furniture Ltd, we are looking to recruit a Sales Production Assistant Administrator who will support the Sales Production Team with all elements of client quotation and production planning for designs generated from our in-house and external design teams.
Using only the highest quality raw materials, every piece of furniture Davonport produced is made to an exacting standard and finish. This commitment to the quality craftmanship earned us the ‘British Design & Manufacturing Award’ at the 2017 Designer & Bathroom Awards.
Responsible for assisting the Sales Production Team with the day to day organisation and scheduling of furniture projects from both the internal Davonport design team and the external designers from our partner showroom network. This role is key to helping maintain a steady workflow through the Davonport workshops, ensuring clients’ furniture is made within the agreed budget and delivered on time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare client quotation packs using elevation and CAD drawings liaising with both internal and external design teams for any missing information
- Create and maintain an ongoing hard copy project pack for each active client with all relevant correspondence, CAD drawings, visuals and cabinet listings for internal reference
- Generate detailed electronic files for each project within the Davonport internal pricing system (SMART), itemising full details of cabinetry and components
- Collaborate with the Davonport design team and external designers weekly to ensure all new & existing quotations are kept updated in line with the client’s current plans allowing production and delivery schedules to be adjusted/maintained as necessary
- Assist and support the Sales Production Manager and team with general day to day administrative tasks, as well as supporting both the internal and external designers with any general queries from concept through to formal quotation
Skills and experience
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- IT literate with standard Microsoft applications
- A strong communicator with the ability to collaborate with both internal and external clients via the telephone and email, as well as face to face.
- A proactive, organised individual who is process driven with an eye for detail and ability to record information to a high level of accuracy
- A knowledge of some of the processes used within joinery or kitchen manufacture
- An understanding of kitchen designs and the ability to read and interpret the plans, elevations and CAD drawings
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum based on experience To apply please e-mail a current CV and covering letter to: email@example.com, Davonport House, Peartree Road, Stanway, Colchester, CO3 0LA